Sunday, June 3, 2012

Carrot Cookies

I'm coming up to uni exams over the next few weeks so the amount of baking I can do will probably drop, as such I decided I wanted to bake something today so we have snacks for the week. I was looking through the recipes and Carrot Cookies jumped out at me. I had never heard of carrot cookies before. Carrot cake; sure... (and yum!) but never carrot cookies. I was intrigued.

Well, the result is a biscuit that's more like a mini cake than a biscuit. The mixture was very wet and made it quite messy to roll in the coating but they are worth the messy hands!



2 oz butter
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 large finely grated carrot
½ cup currants
½ cup chopped mixed nuts
¼ cup milk
1 cup S.R Flour
Pinch salt
Pinch bicarbonate of soda

Coating:
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup crushed cornflakes

Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and beat well. Stir in the carrot, currants, nuts and milk. Add flour, salt and soda which has been sifted. Mix together coating ingredients and drop teaspoonfuls of the biscuit mix in the coating and bake 12 minutes (375°F/180°C)

1 oz = 30g

Note: I ended up using around 2 cups of cornflakes and 4 teaspoons of cinnamon for my coating. 


No comments:

Post a Comment