Friday, April 27, 2012

The beginning...

My Grandma has been in a nursing home for a few years now, but I can still vividly remember her and Grandad's place, with its sprawling back yard full of vegie patches and mango trees. Of walking into the kitchen and having huge cooked lunches with mountains of potatoes; both baked and mashed at once!! Her potatoes were my absolute favourite, and I don't think I'll ever taste any as good again. Of afternoon teas with cakes and biscuits and scones... oh the scones!

I think its clear to say that a lot of my memories from their place and my childhood times spent there revolved around food. Of family meals. So to be able to read and record and cook some of those recipes, is something I am very excited to do.

This blog is where I am going to collate these recipes and I am hoping to cook as many of them as possible as well.

I am going to leave this first post though with 2 photos. The first is of the cookbooks and recipes from my Grandma and the second is of Grandma and Grandad and myself a few days before my wedding.



2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful treasure you have in your hot, little hands :) I'm looking forward to seeing how the recipes turn out and maybe trying a few myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Jodie, your blog is looking good...and will keep you out of trouble for a while I'm guessing, looking at that pile of cook books. Well done...now to go try your Grandma's Milo Slice! :)

    ReplyDelete