Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Maori Kisses

WOW! It was so cold this morning. I really didn't want to get out of bed, but alas, holidays are still a few days away, so off to work it is. I think the only way I'll make it through today is by drinking copious amounts of hot tea. Luckily the biscuits I made last night will be the perfect accompaniment to my cup of tea at morning tea time.


These were the first biscuits I've made that are 2 biscuits joined together, I love them. They are so cute and not to mention yummy and somehow comforting (I think its the dried dates). Its a really simple recipe to put together so enjoy, everyone (and keep warm)!



½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup S.R flour
1 tablespoon cocoa
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped dates

Cream butter and sugar, add essence and milk. Add sifted dry ingredients, fruit and nuts. Roll into small balls, flatten fork on cold grease tray. Bake in moderate oven for 15 minutes. When cold join together with vanilla icing. 

Note: These do get a lot bigger while baking so its important to make the balls quite small (unless you would like huge kisses!). I used a teaspoon as a pretty good measure.


No comments:

Post a Comment